Newark Auto Products
Newark Auto Products was established in 1907 as a trim shop refurbishing upholstery in horse drawn carriages. As the popularity of the Automobile grew so did Newark Auto and the products they offered for the Automobiles. At the close of World War II, the company swung into high gear producing everything for the interiors of cars from Replacement Carpets, Seat Covers, Headliners and Convertible Tops.
In the 1950's the company went national when they became the first supplier of Replacement Carpets, Seat Covers and Convertible Tops for Automobiles in the J.C. Whitney catalog. From that time they have grown to be the largest supplier of Automotive Replacement Carpets and Replacement Rubber Mats for Trucks and Vans to the Do-it-Yourself market.
In 1974 the company moved to its current national headquarters in West Orange, New Jersey. Located in the buildings built by Thomas Edison in 1913, they operate out of two floors of the industrial complex.
They continue to supply J.C. Whitney & Co., have been the supplier to Sears and J.C. Penney Catalog departments and their products are currently available at many retailer such as Pep-Boys, Trak Auto, Discount Auto, Al's Auto, and Grand Auto.Company Website »