One of my distributors mentioned the SDC to me and I was immediately hooked! As more and more sales move online, the biggest obstacle is creating reliable and accurate item data for tens of thousands of part numbers. The mere thought of doing it manually and keeping on top of updates was a daunting task. The SDC makes it a seamless process as it continues to normalize product and fitment data between manufacturers and retailers. Normalizing the data and keeping it readily available creates a great environment for retail customers, as each part number has a universal description across marketplaces. My data feed from the SDC exponentially increased both the volume and detail of my online product listings.
ABOUT THE SEMA DATA CO-OP
SEMA understands what a challenge it can be to manage product data, whether it is weights and measures, accurate descriptions, current pricing, UPC codes or application data to power vehicle specific parts look-ups. That’s why we have undertaken this challenging project to create the definitive, industry owned and operated centralized data repository, complete with a comprehensive set of online data management tools.
We believe that all Suppliers should have direct ownership of their product data and that it should be configured and stored in the accepted industry ACES and PIES standards. The SDC provides a full-time Data Lab to assist Suppliers in the onboarding process, and our user-friendly system validates standards compliancy. Once their data is securely stored in our data repository, customers have the ability to receive data exports in any custom or standardized format required to power their internal warehouse, retail and Internet systems.
SUPPLIER (MANUFACTURER) SERVICES:
- Full Data Lab support throughout the process
- On-boarding of Supplier data from any format electronic file (even an excel spreadsheet)
- Stringent validation processes ensure data meets SDC requirements
- Data is stored securely in industry standard PIES and ACES formats
- Unlimited exports to all approved Receivers at no charge to the Supplier
- Permissions based exports ensures that data is given only to approved Receivers
- No extra fees for special Receiver requirements
- One low fixed monthly fee ranging from $150-$600 per month for total participation in on-boarding, validation, secure storage and unlimited standard or custom exports. No setup fees or added charges!
- Unmatched Speed-to-Market to deliver your updates and changes in near real time
- Your data included in SEMA Search for use by WD’s & retail sales people for product reference
RECEIVER (SELLER) SERVICES
- Full Data Lab support throughout the process of creating your exports
- Unlimited data exports from approved Suppliers is FREE to SEMA members!
- Custom export configurations available to fit any Receiver requirements
- Web services to power internal business applications, POS systems and web sites
- Scheduled bulk exports or data on demand
- Instant updates available, as soon as a Supplier makes a change
- Free access to SEMA Search
- Free API integration to access the SDC data repository real-time
- Suppliers maintain complete control and ownership of all data
- “Do it once” solution consolidates effort and minimizes expense
- With virtually no barriers to entry, all Suppliers large and small can join affordably
- All inclusive, always on, centralized storage & distribution point for industry product data
- Development and initial operational expenses underwritten by SEMA
JOIN NOW AND DECLARE YOUR “DATA INDEPENDENCE”!
If you are a manufacturer or Supplier of automotive parts and accessories, contact us today to learn how we can help “get your data house in order”. Whether you have XML ready PIES and ACES files to send us, or you don’t know where to start, we are here to help.
Warehouse distributors, retailers and e-tailers should contact us now about your data needs and get signed up as an authorized data Receiver. Be sure to talk to your Suppliers about joining the SDC!
The SEMA Data Co-op is truly a collaborative effort to bring Suppliers and Receivers together to sell more parts and grow your business. We look forward to serving you!
Raptor Series recognizes that our sales and overall customer service commitment depends on our ability to provide clean and accurate data to all of our customers. Since we've started working with SDC to improve our data we have gained essential insight into what our data receivers truly need to be successful with our brand. We have since seen our data progress to achieve "Platinum" status and we wouldn't have been able to achieve that without the commitment and support of our friends at SDC.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Raptor Series Automotive Products