“The SEMA Data Co-op (SDC) is currently the best value in automotive data distribution. As a manufacturer, it can be a challenge to ensure that the data you are transmitting is properly interpreted and is placed where receivers expect it to be. The SDC team has not only acknowledged the receipt of all of my feed¬back, they have put it into use. The Data Lab staff understands what is happening to your data and expertly assists. The data imports and exports are extremely flexible and make it easy for companies to keep up to date. Thank you SDC for connecting us even closer to our data receivers!”
ABOUT THE SEMA DATA CO-OP
SEMA understands what a challenge it can be to manage product data, whether it is weights and measures, accurate descriptions, current pricing, UPC codes or application data to power vehicle specific parts look-ups. That’s why we have undertaken this challenging project to create the definitive, industry owned and operated centralized data repository, complete with a comprehensive set of online data management tools.
We believe that all Suppliers should have direct ownership of their product data and that it should be configured and stored in the accepted industry ACES and PIES standards. The SDC provides a full-time Data Lab to assist Suppliers in the onboarding process, and our user-friendly system validates standards compliancy. Once their data is securely stored in our data repository, customers have the ability to receive data exports in any custom or standardized format required to power their internal warehouse, retail and Internet systems.
SUPPLIER (MANUFACTURER) SERVICES:
- Full Data Lab support throughout the process
- On-boarding of Supplier data from any format electronic file (even an excel spreadsheet)
- Stringent validation processes ensure data meets SDC requirements
- Data is stored securely in industry standard PIES and ACES formats
- Unlimited exports to all approved Receivers at no charge to the Supplier
- Permissions based exports ensures that data is given only to approved Receivers
- No extra fees for special Receiver requirements
- One low fixed monthly fee ranging from $150-$600 per month for total participation in on-boarding, validation, secure storage and unlimited standard or custom exports. No setup fees or added charges!
- Unmatched Speed-to-Market to deliver your updates and changes in near real time
- Your data included in SEMA Search for use by WD’s & retail sales people for product reference
RECEIVER (SELLER) SERVICES
- Full Data Lab support throughout the process of creating your exports
- Unlimited data exports from approved Suppliers is FREE to SEMA members!
- Custom export configurations available to fit any Receiver requirements
- Web services to power internal business applications, POS systems and web sites
- Scheduled bulk exports or data on demand
- Instant updates available, as soon as a Supplier makes a change
- Free access to SEMA Search
- Free API integration to access the SDC data repository real-time
- Suppliers maintain complete control and ownership of all data
- “Do it once” solution consolidates effort and minimizes expense
- With virtually no barriers to entry, all Suppliers large and small can join affordably
- All inclusive, always on, centralized storage & distribution point for industry product data
- Development and initial operational expenses underwritten by SEMA
JOIN NOW AND DECLARE YOUR “DATA INDEPENDENCE”!
If you are a manufacturer or Supplier of automotive parts and accessories, contact us today to learn how we can help “get your data house in order”. Whether you have XML ready PIES and ACES files to send us, or you don’t know where to start, we are here to help.
Warehouse distributors, retailers and e-tailers should contact us now about your data needs and get signed up as an authorized data Receiver. Be sure to talk to your Suppliers about joining the SDC!
The SEMA Data Co-op is truly a collaborative effort to bring Suppliers and Receivers together to sell more parts and grow your business. We look forward to serving you!
Midwest Truck & Auto Parts
Connect With Us!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest updates and news from SDC!